The new Valtra T-Series tractors have been delivered! Valtra held some field days last week in Hünersdorff (Germany) to launch the 4th generation of their successful T-Series...We couldn't attend that event but some friends (Timo, Alberto and Sara) sent us a few pictures about it.
The new T4-Series uses AGCO Sisu Power engines of 6-cyl Tier 4 Final / Stage 4 engine regulations and SCR only (6.6 or 7.4 litre engine) and they are available in four different versions: Active, Versu, Direct and HiTech, although this last version will be available in November of 2015. All different models are T144, T154, T174e, T194, T214 and T234 which can generate a maximum power between 170HP/680Nm and 250HP/1000Nm. The Active and Versu versions have a gearbox of 5 steps Powershift, 4 work areas (A,B,C and D) and creeper (10 gears more). The Direct version uses a CVT gearbox. Both gearboxes are designed and manufacturated by Valtra.
The basic hydraulic pump has a capacity of 115 l/min with mechanical hydraulic controls in the Active version. In the Versu and Direct version, the hydraulic pump capacity can get 160 l/min with electronic hydraulic controls. All models use Load Sensing hydraulic system. The front wheels are now much nearer the front end as opposed other older T models. Wheel base (2,995 mm) is much longer than before as well. The advantage of having wheels nearer front end and also having a narrower front frame is that the turning wheel is tighter than before (also with wide front tyres). This new T-Series was tested by customers in their daily work during 2013 and 2014 mostly in Finland and France.
Valtra is a Finnish manufacturer which has its headquarter in Suolahti where all its tractor are manufactured (A, N, T and S Series). Valtra hoods and cabins are manufactured in MSK Cabins in Ylihärmä that is about 200km from Valtra factory. The parts are loaded to the truck in the same order as tractors are in the production line in Valtra factory and transported to the factory 3…4 hours before they are installed into the tractor. Similarly engines (manufactured in town Nokia) and some other parts are transported directly to the production line. Transmission is made in Valtra factory except A series. It’s transmission is nowadays manufactured in Hattat/Hema in Turkey.
Finally, the new T4-Series can be configured with 30 different options... they are below:
- TwinTrac / Rear driving controls for reverse driving
- AutoComfort / Luxury pneumatic cab suspension
- AIRES+ / Pneumatic front axle suspension
- Premium audio system / HIfi stereo with subwoofer
- Premium working light options / Excellent visibility for night work
- Sigma Power / Gives an extra 15 hp for PTO work
- Roof window / Best visibility for front loader work
- Safety cameras / Give unimpeded view behind the tractor or implement
- Refrigerator / To keep your refreshments cool
- U-Pilot / Headland management in Versu and Direct
- Valtra Evolution seat / Luxury seat with air conditioning and air suspension
- Passenger seat / Plenty of room in the cab for a co-driver
- Front loader / The best visibility and hydraulics for loader use
- Tyre options / A wide range for any type of work
- Toolbox / Keep tools safe in a lockable service compartment
- Mechanical cab suspension / For smooth driving
- Customer name / Advertise yourself or your business
- 7 standard colours
- Front PTO
- Front Lift / 5.1 tonne lift capacity for heavy duty applications
- 270º sweep wiper / For good visibility 365 days a year
- 50 km/h / Up to 53 km/h at reduced engine rpm
- Weights / Front, rear, rim and ballast
- Valve packs (2-5) / To meet all implement needs
- Power Beyond / Max capacity up to 150 litres/min
- Hydraulic capacity / of 115/160 litres/min
- Trailer hitch options / Pick-up hitches and towing frames
- QuickSteer / Adjustable steering speed makes turning easy
- Electric power supplies / available for all needs
- Front service valves / Flexible use for front implements
You can see a video about this new T-Series from here.