Innov-Agri Grand Sud Ouest will be held on 9th and 10th of September of 2015 in Ondes (France). It is the largest international farm fair in the southern Europe. We think the event will be fantastic because visitors will be able to see machinery working such as big combines or mowing; and besides, farmers are going to see different trial crops of new crops adapted for the southern agriculture and its needs.
The central theme of the fair is how farmers can adapt their farm to changing times, showing innovation and agroecology as a way to achieve a more productive agriculture and, at the same time, respectful of resources.
The new CAP gives priority to agroecological and Innov-Agri Grand Sud Ouest is a good opportunity to learn what to do to take advantage of those benefits practices. All new techniques will be presenting in real conditions of use, thanks to the expert people and demonstrations available there.
In this case, we aren’t talking about organic crops, the important fact is to adapt traditional techniques in order to make them more sustainable, increasing productivity. From precision agriculture to biological control with insects for combating pests, the ground cover between rows, different varieties of soybean and rapeseed crops association, or techniques for soil conservation and efficient water management.
For Spanish farmers
This year the organization has had a lot of interest in having the farmers and professionals of Spanish fields and so, in addition to launching a new website in Spanish, during the fair. A Spanish translation of the talks and lectures has prepared dealing with all these issues which we talked about earlier, so that visitors can learn easily this new agriculture of high economic and environmental performance.
At the end of the day, all shows will be repeated in "Replay" space.
A novelty of this year, in order to visitors don’t miss any important show and in addition to organizing a tour that they can visit easily on a day, inside of Innov-Agri Grand Sud-Ouest a "Replay" space has been prepared where visitors will be able to see (from 17 hour to 18 hour) all shows which will have been performed on fields during the day.
- International Farm Fair on field for Southern Europe.
- From 9th to 10th of September of 2015.
- Place: Ondes (France). It is near Toulouse. You can go by car (it takes you about 4 hours from Barcelona or Zaragoza or you can travel by train or plane.
- Free ticket. Your ticket participates in a raffle for a trip.
- Enclosure: 72ha
- 230 exhibitors and 350 brands
- 35,000 visitors in the last edition in 2013
- You can see soil, seeding, spreading, spraying, forage, bale, transport, feeding equipments
- 20ha for harvesting tasks
- Field testing of innovative crops and a lot of plant varieties
- Spanish translation of talks and conferences: agro-ecology, vegetation cover, biological pest control, biodiversity, drones, precision agriculture.