We continue to sow sunflowers!. Last week, we spoke about Alberto Barrio's pneumatic seed drill. In this occasion, we used a mechanical seed drill manufactured in our village, La Alberca de Záncara. In our area, these machines are the most used: their price is lower cheaper and our small fields made it more profitable than pneumatic seed drill for farmers in our area. On the other hand, the accuracy is worse.
Our friend Helio Catalán (owner of the blog www.masquemaquina.com) has been lucky and he has been able to test the new New Holland T5.115 Electro Command... he will have the tractor during some months more to carry out any task in his farm which will allow him to test the tractor. We visited him in his village the last week and we could work with it to sow sunflowers... In fact, we liked the tractor so much.
The most important highlights are:
- Engine: FPT Industrial F5C Tier4A of 3,400cm3, V2 and 4 cylinders Common Rail and Turbocharged.
- Max. horsepower: 115 hp.
- Diesel tank capacity: 140 litres.
- Hydraulic Powershuttle transmission of 16x16 with 4 gears (I, II, III, IV) powershift and 2 groups (L and H)
- Soft powershuttle reversing transmission.
- Max. lift capacity at ball ends: 5.420kg with Lift-o-Matic system.
- PTO: 540, 540E and 1000.
- VisionView™ cab with standard air suspension seat, air conditioning and noise level of 74 dBA.
- Pump flow rate of 65 l/min (open center) and 2 hydraulic remote valves.
- Maximun speed at 50km/h
- Michelin OmniBib tyres: 420/70 R 24 and 480/70 R 38.
- Turning radius: 5m
- Steering angle: 60º
The powershuttle reversing transmission provides a big smoothness, the cab is fantastic to summer tasks and the sound of the engine is spectacular. We think this tractor can be a very good option for farmers with a small/medium farm or to work with a frontloader.