When we visit Demoagro Farm Fair in May, we could speak with the staff of the company Durán Maquinaria Agrícola S.L. We were thinking about creating a new section in our blog where we could publish posts to talk about farming machinery which will be tested by ourselves in our fields and the Manufacturer Company may lend it us. Immediately Antonio Durán confirmed our plan and he told us that they were going to send us a disc harrow to work in our farm (cereal, pulse vegetable and sunflowers stubble) during this summer.
Nowadays, we have already worked with the Pöttinger Terradisc 3501 disc harrow. Its main features are bellow... On the other hand, about our impressions, we are going to speak about this fantastic implement in the next post.
- Working width: 3.5m
- Number of discs: 28
- Disc diameter: 58cm
- Tine spacing: 12.5cm
- Gang spacing: 90cm
- Under beam clearance: 75cm
- Power requirement: 115hp
- ransport width: 3.5m
- Weight with knife ring roller Ø 540 mm: 2,120kg
- Weight with pack ring roller Ø 550 mm: 2,360 kg
- Disc hubs: Twin race tapered ball bearings with 6-part labyrinth seal
- Twin-arm System. Two solid forged carrier arms are welded to a very wide clamping bracket.
- The maintenance-free NON STOP trip protection system features 40 mm thick rubber elements.
- Plenty of space between discs and carrier arms
- Leveling harrow with tines of 14mm
- The rear rollers assume the role of depth control for the disc harrow. Working depth is adjusted hydraulically and quickly.
- 7 different rollers. Cage roller (Ø 540/660mm), double cage roller (540mm front and 420mm rear), knife ring roller (Ø 540mm), cutting packer roller (Ø 550mm), conical segmental roller (Ø 540mm), rubber packer roller (Ø 590mm) and rotopack roller (Ø 600/545mm).
Finally, and taking the advantage that this is a new tool in our area (nobody has a similar disc harrow in our Village), we held a small demonstration and many farmers could see this implement in action as you can see in our pictures. All farmers had similar conclusions: it is an efficient tool because it can carry out a good work in spite of the soil is really hard and dry in summer so it allows to farmers save diesel and they can work at high speed... about this feature we are going to speak in the next post.
Versión en español.