The first company that has sent us their products for our testing and publishing our impressions in this blog was Bellota Agrisolutions. With more than 105 years of experience in the production of farm machinery for soil preparation and sowing, Bellota offers the widest range of parts on the market from planters, curved subsoiler, cultivator, chisel, plough and harrow to sugar cane harvester. Bellota Agrisolutions provides a lifetime guarantee against any manufacturing fault in all our products. For Bellota Agrisolutions, the key to quality for all its agricultural machinery spare parts is the perfect balance between hardness and toughness, the uniformity and perfect reproduction of the challenging specifications for the 8 million product units that it produces every year.
In this campaign (summer and autumn), for our harrowing tasks on cereals and pulse vegetables stubbles we configured our chisel using different cultivator points from few brands... in order to publish a comparative among them.
The models used are:
- Bellota 1513-A CN (6mm)
- Bellota 1513-A CN 6 AP2 DURATOP (6mm)
- Bellota 1513-A CN 8 (8 mm)
- Hin-Men 15-A-8 (8 mm)
- Casamayor 513-A-C/N (10 mm)
As you can see in our pictures, tines were used strategically to get different wears. There are different wears depending on whether tines is working in back of wheels of tractor (soil is harder there) or if
cultivator points are in the first line of chisel or second line... we wanted to achieve all possibilities.
After working about 100ha in hard conditions (soil this year has been really dry and hard) we can confirm there are different wears depending on the cultivator points used. You can see a new cultivator point and the same model after working in images 1, 2, 3, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15 and 18. You can see another comparative in images 7, 9, 11, 13 y 17 where you can test Bellota 1513-A CN 6 AP2 DURATOP versus other models used... the result was really good.
- Bellota 1513-A CN (6mm) had an important wear for our working conditions (image 2).
- Bellota 1513-A CN 8 (8 mm) and Hin-Men 15-A-8 (8 mm) had a similar wear and they are a good option for our soil (image 4).
- Bellota 1513-A CN 6 AP2 DURATOP (6mm) had a wear really inferior than Bellota 1513-A CN (6mm), Hin-Men 15-A-8 (8 mm) and Bellota 1513-A CN 8 (8 mm). Image 7.
- Bellota 1513-A CN 6 AP2 DURATOP (6mm) and Casamayor 513-A-C/N (10mm) had similar wear, but our impression is the Bellota 1513-A CN 6 AP2 DURATOP (6mm) is better... Casamayor 513-A-C/N (10mm) is too thick. Images 5 and 16.
- The useful life of Bellota 1513-A CN 6 AP2 DURATOP (6mm) is double than the common cultivator points of 6mm and almost double than the common cultivator points of 8mm.
Definitely, the best option for us is Bellota 1513-A CN 6 AP2 DURATOP (6mm) because we have very positive feelings such us long useful life with free maintenance and good quality/price ratio.
Versión en español.