We continue preparing the seedbed, then we came back to speak about fast disc harrow as we did in two post (post 1 and post 2) in September... we can't deny that is our favourite implement for many reasons but mainly because fast disc harrows are able to break, pulverize, mix and favour decomposition of organic material of stubble. At this time we show a few pictures of giant fast disc harrow made in Spain by Gascón International brand. It is an Otho GR-RH720-60 trailed fast disc harrow of 60 discs and 7.2m of working width. This implement needs a tractor of 250-300HP and its weight is 8,200kg (it is the biggest model of fast disc harrow manufactured by Gascón International). As you can see, it has a double notched disc roller that prepares soil really level and without clods.
Gascón International is one of the most important Spanish implements brand... we have a Gascón International rear wheels V-shape disc harrows RTN and it works pretty fine. We could test other Gascón International implements in Demoagro 2015 and we got positive sensations. They manufacture fast disc harrow from 2.5m working width (20 discs) to 7.2m working width (60discs).
The most important highlights are:
- They have been projected to respond to different necessities at the same time: seal moisture, regularize soil and bury stubble.
- With a sole passage and at a considerable speed, they prepare the best seedbed, ready for seeding.
- Their performance is unique: fewer work, less cost of production and less consumption of fuel.
- Fast disc harrows work to an elevated speed: 20Km/ h. Greater is the speed, better the machine mix, leaving a homogeneous surface after its passage.
- Notched discs penetrate into the soil, pulverize and mix. Thanks to the angle disc attack and speed, the machine cannot stall.
We recommend you try to test some fast disc harrow... we are sure you will like it!!
Versión en español.